Research-Educational Center (REC) "Broadband Spectroscopy for Advanced Materials"
REC "Broadband Spectroscopy for Advanced Materials" was created at the Institute of Spectroscopy by the decision of the Academic Council of the Institute in December 2008.
- the post-graduate school and the doctoral school of the Institute;
- base chairs, chair branches, joint laboratories with universities;
- laboratory "Experimental methods for spectroscopy".
REC Director is Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Prof. Dr. E.A. Vinogradov. REC Manager is Dr. E.B. Perminov.
REC objectives are:
- to achieve high performance in students training and in professional development and advanced training of specialists, including those of top qualification, in promising areas of science and technology based on the latest scientific knowledge on the subject of research conducted at the Institute;
- to involve students in the process of new knowledge gaining;
- to increase research efficiency by combining intellectual and material resources of universities and the Institute;
- to achieve a high scientific level of research up to the latest world standards.
- to provide joint fundamental and applied research in priority scientific areas using the unique equipment of the Institute as well as expertise and intellectual potential of both parties;
- to engage students in research and technological works within REC grants and programs under the supervision of leading scientists, professors and teaching staff of the Institute and universities;
- to develop new training programs on the basis of research results gained at the Institute and at universities with the involvement of leading scientists of the Institute and university professors;
- to develop innovative methodological support of the educational process, including laboratory practice, term papers and graduation theses;
- to arrange joint publications on the methodological support of the educational process;
- to promote the mobility of academic staff, under-graduate and post-graduate students.
REC tasks are:
Projects supported by Federal Target Program "Academic and scientific-pedagogical personnel of innovative Russia in 2009-2013":
Project "Broadband optical spectroscopy of condensed matter" was supported under the Federal State Program № 02.740.11.0431.
Project "Development of methods for design and spectral diagnostics of nanostructured materials" was supported under the Federal State Program № 02.740.11.0870.
REC cooperates with the following educational establishments:
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology;
- M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University;
- Moscow Pedagogical State University;
- Moscow Aviation Institute;
- National University of Science and Technology;
- Kazan State University;
- A. and N. Stoletovs Vladimir State University;
- Bayreuth University, Germany
- Cologne University, Germany